If you thought the 2022 Husqvarna enduro range reveal was a little light on changes, well, KTM can beat that. Just two significant changes for this coming year: revised suspension settings and a change of tyres. Job done!
KTM sum up this in one paragraph (not worth paraphrasing):
“Across the new line-up there are two key upgrades to boost performance. All new models receive updated WP suspension settings aimed at offering a firmer and even more planted feel while riding across the gnarliest terrain. The second key upgrade is the addition of new MAXXIS MaxxEnduro tires. After extensive testing, the new tire combo showed improved durability and puncture-resistance and will provide even comfort for extended hours across a myriad of surfaces.”
2022 KTM EXC – KEY RANGE UPGRADES
1. Revised WP suspension settings for a firmer & more responsive feel
2. Improved oil circulation in the suspension for more consistent feedback
3. New MAXXIS MaxxEnduro tires for unmatched grip in all terrains
4. New 13:52 gearing giving the KTM 250 EXC TPI added bottom end punch
5. Head-turning 2022 colors inspired by the Factory bikes
6. Bold design & retro colors for the revamped KTM EXC SIX DAYS line-up
To sum up, here’s Joachim Sauer, KTM’s Product Manager: “It gives us great pride to know that our KTM EXC models can once again supply any offroad rider with the excitement and the performance they need. In their updated trims, these bikes are technical masterpieces and there is something to suit every rider across the globe. For 2022, with the new WP suspension settings we are offering the bikes a more firm and even more consistent feel. Matched with the new MAXXIS tires, these are two key upgrades that elevate the overall offroad performance. Our design team have also stepped-up with their work for this year and the bikes look exactly like what they are supposed to be: winners in all conditions.”
The 2022 KTM EXC models will be available in authorised KTM dealers starting May 2021.